Friday, August 15, 2014

oDesk Flag as Inappropriate Fraud Job Offering Trade

I came across a job on oDesk today, whoever posted this job must be thinking that freelancers are some sort of beggars. A screen shot of the job post is given below.

odesk-free-work-trade-software

Complete text of the bid is given on the end of the post for reference, and fun.
The person says "I CAN GIVE YOU SOFTWARE IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR WORK. NOT CASH. I HAVE SOFTWARE SUCH AS ADOBE CS6 THAT I AM WILLING TO GIVE."

Wait a minute, who are you give away software produced and sold by Adobe?
And even if someone needs free software, they can get it easily from torrents and warez websites. Even a fool won't work his ass off to experience your so called generosity. Go get a life man!

This post is a perfect example of how over-clever people operate, basically they think they're so smart that can get their way with anyone.
Freelancers! stay away from such crazy people.

What can you do about such a job? Well I flagged it as inappropriate, and marked it as "Asking for free work.



I recommend you also do the same, it will be very helpful to keep online freelancer community happy.

End of the day, we need cash to buy bread "Adobe CS 6" we can get on our own!

Text of fraudulent bid

THIS JOB IS INTENDED AS A TRADE. I CAN GIVE YOU SOFTWARE IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR WORK. NOT CASH. I HAVE SOFTWARE SUCH AS ADOBE CS6 THAT I AM WILLING TO GIVE.

I just bought a script from codecanyone: http://codecanyon.net/item/restaurant-order-mobile-app-android-ios/7668912

I need to make some modifications to it and put it in format to put in the appstore and android market after.

Modification include: adding a QR code system, so customers may scan a QR at each table and it knows what restaurant and table they are at. This also means that a QR generator is also needed for backend.

I also need to brand the application, (custom logo, custom name, small things like that).

I also may need to add a payment system.

ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE OK WITH TRADE.

One-time Project: Port an existing app

Project Stage: I have designs

Devices: iPhone, iPad, Android

You will be asked to answer the following questions when applying:
You are ok with not getting paid with cash, but instead getting paid with software such as adobe cs6 complete?
Can you give me examples of work?

Which software do you want me to give you in exchange for your work?

No comments:

Post a Comment