Saturday, July 23, 2016

How to start a mailing list in 4 days


My First Try at a Sales Funnel - by Emile Ackbarali

There are lecturers on Udemy who really really know how to go about marketing and selling. Then there is me. An amateur-apprentice-water boy-in training. So what I will briefly describe here now is my first try at a sales funnel.
My very first course is the most popular. So I took a subset of it and created a "1-Hour ... " course. A version of the course with the basics of the subject but still valuable. I priced it at $20. Then I took most of the videos from this new small course and placed it on YouTube. Each YouTube video has a pop-up on it that informs the viewer that they can do the course for FREE by clicking on a link below.
The link goes to a landing page (LeadPages) and then prompts them to sign up to my mailing list (Convertkit). Once they do, they get a "free-coupon" link to the course, so that they can do the $20 course for free.
I arranged all of this 4 days ago. So far, 6 people have signed up to my mailing list. At the end of the $20 course, there is a Bonus Lecture that offers the full larger course at 20% off. And believe it or not, 1 of the 6 people who signed up to do the free course, actually bought the larger full course.
I know this is minuscule but I needed to test this for myself to see if this "sh*t" actually works. And it did. Can't believe it did. So I have my first email list and am going to gradually try and do more and more to build it and sell more.
There are lecturers much much better than me at this stuff. I am such a novice. But whatever I learn, I will keep on sharing with you all, even if it might be old news to some.

Jason Short added:
That is building the funnel and it will take time. Now also find some blogs or sites that attract your target student and write a guest blog about your topic, and offer their readers the same pipeline.

It takes SO MUCH TIME to do all these activities, but that is how you build.

No comments:

Post a Comment