Friday, December 1, 2017

Thoughts of Udemy Instructor Who Made $40000 in a Year Teaching Online Courses

One year ago, I put up my first Udemy course. Today, I now have 12 courses on the platform, over 20,000 students, and earned $41,876 (and counting thanks to the cyber Monday sale ongoing).

I am not posting this to brag, but hopefully to encourage those just starting out. I had ZERO audiences of my own when I started. I built one course and made $58 the first month, then worked on a second course. Month by month it grew, as my reviews built up (positively), students told their friends, and Udemy kept bringing in more students to the platform.

Tips for success

- Ask Others for Help
Seek out information. Guys like Scott DuffyPhil Ebiner, and countless others share their knowledge on this forum and their podcasts. Learn from them!

- Build Great Courses
There is no shortcut to success, it takes time and patience. Build great courses, you will get great reviews, and that will turn into more sales.

- Find your Niche
 Look at Insights and find a hot topic with less competition. You don’t have to be the next Web Dev or Java Course. There are niches everywhere, you can make money in the niches!
Udemy isn’t a get rich quick scheme. My average course makes $300-500 a month, with one or two lucky course topics earning. $2000-3000. 
Find your niche
Keep building content
and 
Be persistent

Happy to answer any questions you guys have!
Jason Dion



Jason posted these photos and message on Facebook. I believe these are very useful insights and wanted to save these for my reference later on. Things get buried in social media rubble very quickly. 
Link to Jason's profile is given below.

https://www.udemy.com/user/jason-dion/

No comments:

Post a Comment